Privacy Notice of Backcountry Containers
Last Updated: October 19, 2022
Backcountry Containers, LLC and Backcountry Containers Inc. (collectively, “Backcountry,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), is a premiere provider of container homes. Backcountry is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information collected when you interact with backcountry.com (the “website”) and when you purchase goods or services (collectively, “Services”) from us. This Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect and how it is used. By visiting our website or purchasing our goods or services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Backcountry collects information from both those who use our website (“users”) and from individuals who purchase Services (“customers”).
Some of the information we collect from users and customers constitutes personal data or personal information (“personal information”), which is information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Client Information Collection and Use
Customer and User Information Collection
If you are a user or customer, we collect information from you through our interactions with you, including when you provide information directly to us (such as when you purchase our Services), automatically through cookies and other tools when you visit our website, and from other sources, including third parties.
Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect the following types of personal information from your use of our website or when we offer or provide our Services. Some information is automatically collected from you depending on your interactions with us. Additionally, we may collect personal information from you or from third parties. The information we collect includes:
- Your name or company name;
- Your postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Your telephone number;
- Your e-mail address;
- Information required for the fulfillment of your orders;
- Any other information you provide to us by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website or when requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website;
- Your financial information when we process an invoice for our goods or services to you. All payments are processed through our PCI-compliant payment provider; and
If you choose not to provide us with certain optional information, you may not experience the full functionality or benefit of our website or services.
How we Use the Information we Collect
The information we collect from you is processed pursuant to a prospective or actual business relationship with you, or in furtherance of our legitimate business interests. Specifically, we use information collected from you to:
- Provide you with our Services;
- Respond to your inquiries, collect your suggestions, and fulfill your requests;
- Communicate with you about our business relationship, including sending you important information about our website, service, terms, conditions and/or policies, and administrative information;
- Send you opportunities and marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you through direct marketing and e-marketing efforts, unless you request that we do not use your information for this purpose (you may opt-out of these optional communications at any time);
- Personalize your experience on the website by presenting opportunities, products and offers tailored to you;
- Fulfill your directive, when you otherwise direct us to use your information in a certain way;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Act as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process and for any legal purpose; (c) to investigate security breaches; (d) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (e) to enforce our terms and conditions; (f) to protect our operations; (g) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or
- Carry out any other purpose described to you when the information was collected or that you have consented to.
We may combine personal information that we collect about you with personal information you provide to us through other sources, such as direct inquiries or marketing events. We will use the combined personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice for as long as it is combined.
Automatically Collected Information and Cookies
As mentioned above, we automatically collect certain information from you when you visit our website.
- [Google analytics]
- Form submissions by the user
Information collected automatically is sent to us by your device, web browser, or your internet service provider when you use our Services. This information typically includes your domain name, your username, your location, and your numerical IP address. The amount of information sent by your web browser or device depends on its settings. Please refer to your browser or device if you want to learn what information it sends. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you may be able to change your settings so that your browser rejects or removes browser cookies. Disabling cookies for our website may affect the performance, functionality and availability of our website and Services.
We use information we collect automatically from users to see how you interact with our website and app which helps us understand how our visitors use our Services and how we can improve them.
Information Sharing and Third Parties
Backcountry may also share your information with third party providers or vendors as follows:
- With subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, service providers, payment processors, and other third parties who need access to personal information to provide Services on our behalf;
- In connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- With your consent or at your direction;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- In response to a request from information if we believe disclosure is advisable or required, including to comply with any law, legal process, or requests by public authorities, law enforcement or third parties; and
We also share aggregate and de-identified information that is not personally identifiable with our business partners and other third parties.
We do not sell personal data.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to this website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that might be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this website, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
Links to Other Sites
By nature of our service offerings, our website may contain links to websites, products, and materials not offered, administered, run, or otherwise controlled by Backcountry. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected on BackCountry’s website and not to information collected on linked sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each and every linked site that collects your personal information.
If you wish to update, correct or delete information that Backcountry maintains about you, you may do so by emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please note that we will take steps to verify that the request is valid, including insuring that you are the person making the request. We may also retain certain information that we are required by law to retain, or where we otherwise have a lawful and legitimate business purpose for retaining the information.
If you wish to stop receiving promotional communications from us, you may opt-out at any time by unsubscribing through the mechanism provided in the email, or by contacting us at [email@example.com]. If you opt-out, you may still receive non-marketing communications from us, such as communications about your account or updates to our Services, policies, or terms.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: [email@example.com].[However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.]
Backcountry retains personal information only for as long as necessary to provide our Services. If personal information is not aggregated, or if information is recorded, we retain information only for as long as necessary following the use of our Services, generally no more than 60 days.
We use commercially reasonable physical, technical, organizational, and administrative methods consistent with industry practice to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. While we consider these policies and procedures to be adequate, there is still a risk that your personal information could be misappropriated. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. If you have any questions about security on our site, you can send an email to us at the email address specified below.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Backcountry is based in the United States. As such, your information is primarily processed in the United States. If you visit our website, use our app, or otherwise interact with our Services from outside the United States, your information will be transferred to our servers in the United States and accessible in the United States. By accessing Backcountry’s website and registering to use our Services, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. We will endeavor to take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. We do not direct our websites to children under 18 years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. If we are made aware that a child under the age of 18 years has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove that information and to terminate the child’s account.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this notice, we will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on our home page.
If you have any questions, comments, or would like to request access to the information Backcountry has gathered about you, please contact us at [1409 North River Street, Spooner, WI, 54801] [firstname.lastname@example.org].